How do I know if my theme is abandoned?
What are you looking for?
As of today (8/17/2020) you are looking for the following:
- Last Updated: August 2020 (if compatible with 5.5)
- WordPress Version: 5.0 or higher
- PHP Version: 7.3 or higher
You can also check the current WordPress requirements. This link will always display the latest server side requirements to run WordPress. This can give you a clue to see if your Theme software is up-to-date.
If you are not sure what theme is active on your site, you will need admin access. If you want WebProvements to assess the health of your Theme, please send a message with the contact form below.
Here is the DIY option:
- Login to your admin (yoursite.com/wp-login.php)
- Appearance > Themes
- Roll over the first (active) Theme shown and click on "View Details"
- Everything you need to know is there!!
***If you DO NOT see Appearance > Themes on your dashboard sidebar, you do not have Admin Access. Please contact your host or original developer and ask for Admin Access. You can NOT DIY Maintenance without Admin Access. If you are not confident working as an Admin on your site, you should hire a professional. Admin Access is the highest level of access and must be "handled with care".